Why Authors Change the World

So, I am reposting this from a blog I love because it made me so happy:


Back in 1989, on a rainy afternoon, seven-year-old Amy wrote a letter to Roald Dahl. Using oil, coloured water and glitter, Amy sent the author a personal gift: one of her dreams, contained in a bottle.

Here's Roald Dahl's wonderful response:

I love this! I also had an amazingly long Roald Dahl love that may make this hit close to home. But, after seeing so much Shakespeare I can't help but love the brain of authors! What wondrous caverns and what amazing things they bring out in us.

*This is post is from A Cup Of Jo, the picture is from Pelayo Lacazette, and the letter is from Amy on Twitter.

Chels

1 comment:

  1. I love Dahl too!!! Also, I just read a history of the development of chocolate (namely of the cadbury firm) and I'm convinced he based Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Cadbury's Bournville Village - the oompa loompas were the slum-dwellers from Birmingham/London and the Cadbury's rescued them and made delicious chocolate. I also read about shakespeare in a recent edition of the economist and thought about you guys.

    ReplyDelete