And We're....Back in the Game!

(that was a 10 Things I Hate About You reference, which is only slightly less teenage girl embarrassing because it was based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. See it all comes back to Shakespeare! But really, I am just a girl who likes bad movies)

But, we have been slacking for about a month with no new plays. We were busy though. We did wonderful things like going to Ohio:



And then to dreary places like South Carolina:



Ok, so maybe that is an exaggeration but Ohio is so cold! We did get to spend Christmas with my little niece which was wonderful. She is so fun and weird. She really loves the villains in all of the princess movies she watches which I think is just awesome. Cinderella, Little Mermaid? Nope! Scar and Ursula are more up her alley. I love it because I think it makes her unique and so brave. Plus she has Beiber Fever:

I love her!

Then we went to Charleston for Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial weekend. It was so nice to see friends, sleep in, and see the beach after a long distance romance with it. We also got to visit Brad's nephews who had us laughing so hard with magic tricks.

We also saw The Artist. I am throwing money, jewels, my citizenship on the table to bet that this movie is taking home the Oscar for best picture! Brad may disagree but he is just wrong. It is awesome! So good, so heartfelt and yes, it is in black and white and silent and that may scare some people away (Whitney Smith) but it is great! It holds your attention and is so original. I'm calling it as best of the year - take that Moneyball!
All in all it has been a good Shakespeare hiatus. BUT, we are back!! This weekend we are going to see Two Gentlemen of Verona at the Shakespeare Theatre here in DC. I'm just saying the website shows an air guitar and a woman with a mustache. This could be amazing!

We will also be spending some time with this gentleman. We didn't see him all last weekend while he was sleeping over at the daycare. His report card said how much he loved attention and belly rubs so now I feel like a bad mom and think he deserves some quality time!



Have a great weekend!

Chelsea















No comments:

Post a Comment