So here we go....

So, how did this adventure begin? Like all adventures, I was sitting on a lilly pad, playing my banjo and this man rowed up. Ok, not really but I just saw The Muppets and it was so good! But really it did start with a movie just a way more serious one. We went and saw the movie Anonymous...if you haven't seen it I really do recommend it! But, it made me realize so much Shakespeare is the root of all the movies I love. Which it should be known I have an unhealthy stalker relationships with movies. This will become clear and terrifying around Oscar time. I also realized I know nothing about him! Yes, I watched dreamy Leo Dicaprio swoon over Claire Danes in Romeo and Juliet but that's all I got! I also just needed a hobby.

So, I have one year from November 24th to see 37 plays in the flesh before I melt into failure sadness. These can be high schools, colleges, traveling troupes, really awesome Shakespeare pros, or maybe just 2 guys chatting at a renaissance festival! As long as it's live and its Shakespeare we will be there! I get to travel the east coast with this guy:

Hehe, I stole that from his computer. What a classy high schooler he was! Ok but seriously. now he's this guy:


And we are going to try and succeed at seeing all of the plays that came out of this mind:


Or maybe this mind:


Who knows, maybe there will be a map behind one of the playbills and we will solve the mystery! I mean if Nicholas Cage can solve them so can we!

So wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment